I have a passion for education and firmly believe that teaching is one of the world's most important professions. I have experience teaching at all levels of education from primary school through to University and I am always interested in novel teaching methods and practises. Additionally I am also a fully qualified Tang Soo Do Karate Instructor, and have over 5 years experience in teaching and coaching martial arts.
CV | pdf
- BTEC Computing Level 2: Computational Thinking | Bridgend College | Course Page
- BTEC Computing Level 2: Mobile Apps Development | Bridgend College | Course Page
- Introduction to Matlab | Cardiff University | Course Page | Notes
- BTEC Computing Level 3: Project | Bridgend College
- Foundations of Mathematics I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Foundations of Mathematics II (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Elementary Differential Equations (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Calculus Methods I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Analysis I (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Analysis II (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Computing Skills (Tutorials) | Cardiff University
- Postgraduate Demonstrator | Cardiff University (2014 - Present)
- Led weekly classroom based tutorial sessions on a wide variety of topics including Calculus, Group Theory, Analysis, Differential Equations and Computing.
- Instructor in weekly drop-in sessions of Cardiff University's Maths Support service, handling a wide range of mathematics-based queries from students in many fields including Engineering, Physics, Economics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Computing Advisor | Bridgend College (2016 - Present)
- Devised, composed and delivered curriculum for BTEC Level 2/3 modules in App Development, Computational Thinking and Networking.
- Delivered training sessions to staff using Raspberry Pi and Python.
- Engaged with students via classes and workshops and provided technical assistance with teaching and project based modules.
- Worked closely with PiCymru and participated in regional and national events such as the Urdd Eisteddfod, World Skills Cymru and STEM fairs to showcase projects to local schools and businesses.
- Raspberry Pi Certified Educator | Picademy (2016 - Present)
- Successful application to attend two-day picademy course using Raspberry Pi computers for education. Active member of the Raspberry Pi community and have contributed to educational resources which have been actively used in schools and colleges in England and Wales. | Website
- Primary & Secondary School Teaching Assistant | Various
- Several weeks in various primary schools in England & Wales shadowing teachers and delivering lessons.
- Delivered specialist Maths and Computing workshops to primary school students both as part of a series of regional events and during school lessons.
- Schools: Pencoed Comprehensive, Croesty Primary, Litchard Primary, Brynmenyn Primary, St. Mary's & St. Patrick's Primary, Olveston Primary
- Instructor | Traditional Tang Soo Do Federation (2011 - 2016)
- Well respected and dedicated member of a large community of Tang Soo Do Karate practitioners. Instructed one to one and group sessions and delivered several specialist seminars to a wide range of students from age 4 to adult.
Outreach & Engagement
- SIAM-IMA 'Full STEAM Ahead' Workshops | Cardiff University | Blog
- Introduction to Computing Workshops | Olveston Primary School
- 'Pi & Mash' Computing for Schools Event | Bridgend College
- Bridgend College Computing Taster Sessions | Urdd Eisteddfod
- World Skills Cymru Computing Taster Event | Senedd