- You can download the source code for our sample website (gjlandscapemaintenance.co.uk) here | Download code
- -- Unzip the folder
- -- Open the file index.html in your browser.
- -- Also open it in a text editor.
- -- See if you can match up the parts with the site. Is anything unclear?
- Before continuing, make sure you have followed the instructions for creating a Github account from Lesson 0. | Instructions
- -- Go to your profile on Github, and click the Repositories tab.
- -- Click New.
- -- For the repository name, enter exactly username.github.io where username is your Github username.
- -- Give a description. Something like 'Repo for my personal webpage'.
- -- Leave the repo as public.
- -- Click Create Repository.
- -- Once the repository is created, click Create a new file and call it index.html.
- -- In the file, write
- -- Commit the file, leaving a message explaining what you did. Something like 'Created index file' is good enough.
- -- Go back to the main page of your repository username.github.io
- -- Click the Settings tab.
- -- Scroll down to the Github Pages section and click None.
- -- Select master and click save.
- -- Wait a few moments and then go to https://username.github.io
- -- You should see your website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -