- Before downloading the files, make sure you have followed the instructions for downloading and installing installing MIT App Inventor Companion from Lesson 0. | Instructions
- We will be using pre-prepared app code to introduce some basic concepts about app development, building on Lesson 0. | Download app files
- Unzip the downloaded file and save the contents somewhere sensible.
- Navigate to MIT App Inventor in your browser.
- Click Create apps! in the top right hand corner.
- Click Projects in the navigation bar and click 'Import project from my computer (.aia). Select the file that you downloaded.
- Click Connect -> Emulator in the toolbar. If you get an error at this step, make sure you have followed the instructions here.
- You may have to update some software on the emulator at this stage. Accept the updates and follow the instructions.
- Congratulations! You have just created an app!